TOP 7 BEST CANNABIS SEED BANKS 2021 (all ship to USA)
#1 Best Cannabis Seed Bank 2021: ILGM – I Love Growing Marijuana
I Love Growing Marijuana (ILGM) by Robert Bergman is a popular online marijuana seed bank that offers their own strain varieties for sale, totaling to 120 fem and auto seed packs. A great resource for beginner growers, the website contains more than 500 growing articles and 200 grow guides. ILGM seeds are a bit pricey; however, guaranteed to germinate. Delivery is also guaranteed—seeds are shipped daily to all U.S. states and arrive fast, within 2–10 days. Credit cards, debit cards, bank transfer and cash payments are accepted, or pay by Bitcoin for a 10% discount. The 17,000+ I Love Growing Marijuana reviews on Trustpilot make a 4.7-star “Excellent” rating. Shipping is 100% free to the U.S. on all orders.
Seedsman – Cannabis Seeds for Sale since 2003
Seedsman is a long-time trusted cannabis seed bank with a massive selection. Buy feminized seeds, regular seeds and autoflowering seeds from 129 top breeders at bargain prices. The Seedsman website is secure and well categorized to help you find the right marijuana seeds for your grow. Pay by credit card, debit card, bank transfer, cash, check, money order or use Bitcoin for 15–25% off every order plus an even greater free seed bonus. Stealth packaging, fast shipping to the USA and worldwide. Over 18,000 Seedsman reviews on Trustpilot add up to a “Great” 4.2-star rating. Check the sale page to find the latest seed packs marked down in price.
MSNL Cannabis Seeds – Buy Quality Marijuana Seeds
MSNL, dubbed the best marijuana seed bank since ’99, sells their own versions of over 200 popular cannabis strains. Find feminized, regular and autoflower seeds for sale at fair prices. Every purchase gets a minimum of 5 free seeds, up to 10 max. Worldwide stealth delivery. The seeds arrive discreetly packaged to U.S. addresses in about 6–12 days. Accepted payment methods include credit/debit card, bank transfer, cash, international money order or Bitcoin for 15% off. More than 4,500 reviews on Trustpilot give the MSNL seed bank a 4.1-star “Great” rating. Free shipping on all orders over £55 ($70).
Crop King Seeds – Marijuana Seed Bank
Crop King Seeds has been in the marijuana seed bank business for over 15 years selling marijuana seeds to customers around the world. 500 new varieties of feminized, regular and autoflowering seeds make up the Crop King Seeds strain catalog, all sold under their own brand. Payment is done by Visa, Mastercard or Bitcoin. The marijuana seeds are shipped discreet and delivered fast, arriving to the U.S. within 2–7 business days. More than 3,500 Crop King Seeds reviews on Trustpilot make a 4.2-star “Great” rating. Free shipping on all orders over $200.
Herbies Seeds – Cannabis, Marijuana, Weed Seeds
Herbies Seeds sells a large variety of the best cannabis strains from the most respected international cannabis seedbanks. Shop feminized, regular and autoflower seeds for sale as singles and seed packs. Free cannabis seeds are sent with all orders. U.S. shipments are delivered in approximately 5–8 days. Your seeds will be concealed in merchandise. For maximum confidentiality, opt for the stealth shipping option. Pay with credit/debit card, bank transfer or Bitcoin. The 2,500+ Herbies Seeds reviews on Trustpilot give a 4.6-star “Excellent” rating. Incremental discount and bonus seeds deal.
Seed City – Buy Marijuana Seeds online
Seed City sells new and rare cannabis seeds from over 200 breeders. Seeds are shipped to every country in the world including the United States, sent in crush-proof tubes and concealed inside of a gift. U.S. shipping takes about 7–15 days to delivery. What sets Seed City apart are the niche breeders, huge selection of over 5,000 single seeds, option to pick your own free seeds and 22 language translations including Russian, Japanese, Thai and more. Pay by credit/debit card, bank transfer, cash or use Bitcoin for a 10% discount. The 1,000+ Seed City reviews on Trustpilot make a 4.8-star “Excellent” rating (more Seed City reviews can be found on seedfinder.eu). Sign up on the site for non-stop giveaways.
Tiger-One Distribution – Wholesale Bulk Cannabis Seeds
If wholesale bulk cannabis seeds is what you’re looking for, Tiger-One Distribution is the main source of it all. Whether you’re looking to start your own seed bank or just obtain a large supply for production, Tiger-One Distribution supplies the cannabis seeds sold by many popular retail and online seed banks. Worldwide stealth shipping. In order to buy from the Tiger-One website you need to apply for a wholesale account where you’ll be asked to fill in the details about your business reselling or agricultural use.
What seeds to buy? Cannabis seed banks typically categorize the seeds by sex, genetics, breeder, strain name and plant traits.
Cannabis Seeds by Sex
- Regular Seeds: Grow both male and female cannabis plants. The males are culled in sensimilla (seedless bud) production. Regular seeds are the best choice for breeders. They have sustained the cannabis genus through its natural evolution.
Read—Top 15 Best Regular Seeds
- Feminized Seeds: Grow only female plants. This is accomplished by breeding two female cannabis plants together. The resulting seeds can only inherit two X chromosomes—meaning all female plants. Feminized seeds are great for growers with strict plant limits and for cloning. Read—Top 15 Best Feminized Seeds
Cannabis Seeds by Genetics
- Sativa Seeds: Grow into tall plants with slender, elongated branches, sharp leaves and large colas. Sativa originates from subtropical/tropical zones including Africa, Southeast Asia, South & Central America. The plants have a naturally long flowering cycle that’s often over 10 weeks. Resistant to molds and diseases, sativas are great outdoor climate strains. They can grow to over 15 feet tall! High THC and THCV content. People who enjoy a stimulating “head high” effect prefer sativa cannabis. Read—Top 25 Best Sativa Seeds
- Indica Seeds: Grow short plants with fat leaves, thick stems and a stocky structure. Indica originates from temperate zones such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal and Morocco. Traditionally used to make hash, indica cannabis is the real deal dank—super sticky and dense. Indica grows like a bush and can produce large yields in a small area. The plants have a fast flowering cycle. They may require a low humidity climate to avoid mold problems. High THC and CBD content. People who want a relaxing “body high” stone prefer indica cannabis. Read—Top 25 Best Indica Seeds
- Hybrid Seeds: Grow crossbreeds of indica and sativa, in countless combinations. Hybrid cannabis seeds are able to grow tall sativa trees that produce the dank, heavy buds of an indica. Hybrid cannabis strains are by far the most popular category of cannabis seeds sold on the market today. They come in all different plant sizes, flowering times, yields, aroma, flavors, cannabinoid contents and effects. Read—High Yield Seeds List
- *Autoflowering Seeds: Grow plants that flower automatically (non-photoperiod). The seeds may be either feminized or regular. Autoflowering varieties are made with ruderalis genetics, resulting in seeds that will bloom under any amount of light—including 24 hours/day. Auto strains stay short and finish their life cycle fast, some at under 60 days from seed. They benefit from long light hours per day to produce a decent harvest weight. The plants can be spaced closely, as in SOG or SCROG cultivation methods. Autoflowering cannabis seeds are used often by indoor cash croppers, who cycle them indoors for perpetual harvests. Read—Top 15 Best Autoflowering Seeds
☺ Cannabis seeds are also categorized by their unique traits such as high THC strains, high CBD strains, high yield strains, landrace genetic strains, inbred line strains, award winning strains and more.
Read—Mold Resistant Seeds
What’s the best way to pay?
Payment methods include secure debit card and credit card processing, check or postal money order, cash in mail, bank deposit/wire transfer and the preferred option—Bitcoin.
Using Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency is the safest option available for buying cannabis seeds online. It’s also a great way to get bigger discounts and additional free seeds with your order.
Can I use prepaid credit cards or cash-fill cards?
If you are a United States customer, you need to be aware that most American prepaid cards cannot be used with international merchants. Many of the best seed banks are located in the U.K., Europe and Canada. Paying for your order by prepaid card might not work.
Can I get seeds delivered to any country?
All of the best seed banks on this list provide worldwide shipping services and yes, accept U.S. customers. Your parcel is rapidly dispatched by mail to the United States of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Canada, Australia, or anywhere else you are in the world. Check their shipping/delivery information page for more specific details.
What will my bank statement show?
Charges made through your bank are discreet, and don’t include words like “seed”, “cannabis”, “marijuana”, etc. Contact the seed bank company for a more direct explanation regarding their payment processing.
Is my payment information safe from online theft?
You can verify a secure connection by looking at the site’s SSL certificate, indicated by a closed padlock in your browser’s address bar. A SSL secure checkout encrypts your payment data, protecting you from online cyber-theft while you make a purchase.
⚠️Beware of scams and fake seed banks
Reputation goes a long way in the cannabis community, and rip-off scam artists get called out quick. Here’s a review list containing over 100 seed bank websites that customers comment on freely.
The WORST cannabis seed banks
👎will not reply to inquiries
👎sell non-authentic seed varieties
👎send bunk or old seeds
👎refuse refunds or reshipment
👎use non-secure payment processing
👎late or no delivery of seeds
The BEST cannabis seed banks
👍provide a working telephone number with a real support team
👍sell authentic seed varieties from breeders
👍send properly maintained seeds in good condition
👍provide terms of refund or reshipment
👍use a SSL-secured checkout
👍deliver seeds on time
Additional links & resources – Seedsman
Disclaimer: Know your countries laws and regulations before purchasing cannabis seeds online. Many seed banks sell cannabis seeds as collectibles, souvenirs or for scientific study purposes. Germination of seeds in conflict with your federal and local laws is strictly prohibited. We do not advocate breaking any laws.
- 20 FASTEST Flowering Strains to Grow from Seed
- 21 Cheap Weed Seeds $7 and Under
- 22 Best PURPLE Cannabis Strains to Grow from Seed
- 23 EASIEST Strains to Grow Outdoors & Indoors for Beginners to Experts
- 24 Best LANDRACE Cannabis Strains to Grow from Seed
- TOP 25 BEST INDICA STRAINS 2021
- TOP 25 BEST SATIVA STRAINS 2021
- Top 15 Best Regular Seeds
- Top 15 Best Feminized Seeds
- Top 15 Best Autoflowering Seeds
- Top HIGH YIELD Strains List: Indoor & Outdoor Seeds
- TOP 25 BEST GROW TENTS 2021
- TOP 25 BEST LED GROW LIGHTS 2021
- 21 New Best Marijuana Strains for 2021
Cannabis Seed Banks that Ship to USA and Rest of the World. FREE SEEDS are given away at every seed bank on this page. Go now
What’s the Best Cannabis Seed Bank in America?
FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, I AM NOT A LAWYER OR LEGAL EXPERT ON MARIJUANA SEED BANKS IN THE USA
Sirius and I have been ordering cannabis seeds online since 2010, and we maintain a list of the seed banks that we use the most. Most seed banks we’ve used and recommended are located in the U.K., Netherlands, or Spain. In fact, until recently, these 3 countries in Europe contained nearly all the big cannabis seed banks in the world. Weed isn’t legal to grow in those countries, but they have specific laws or loopholes that make it easier to run a seed bank.
Now that recreational use and home cultivation has been legalized for adults in Canada, seed banks are getting established there, too.
Yet isn’t cannabis cultivation legal in several U.S. states? Where are the American seed banks?
American-bred strains tend to be “high” on sparkle
There is a huge thriving cannabis market in parts of the U.S. and American breeders are developing world-famous cannabis strains. Where can you buy the genetics? What’s the best American seed bank? And why is it so hard to find current information about online seed banks in America?
The problem has to do with the American federal government and the current legal status of cannabis. Marijuana and derivatives (including seeds) are considered a Schedule 1 drug with essentially no accepted legal use. This makes it hard if not impossible for a seed bank to run in the U.S. the way they do in the U.K., the Netherlands, Spain, or Canada (which have legal loopholes or full-on legalization).
Where can you buy cannabis seeds in the United States?
List of Seed Banks Within the USA
First, I’m going to share a relatively current list of real American seed banks. That’s why you’re here. This is the list I use when I order seeds in America. Then I’ll explain what the deal is.
Who made the list? Ethos Genetics, an American cannabis breeder, keeps a list of seed sources that currently carry their seeds. I’ve seen this list get updated as banks disappear and new ones open up. Many of the linked seed sources contain several other American breeders besides just Ethos. That means these banks have a wide variety of American-bred genetics. It’s not a comprehensive list of American banks by any stretch of the imagination, and I can’t vouch for any of them personally, but at the very least, Ethos believes these companies won’t rip you off.
American breeders come and go. I purchased seeds for the following buds last summer and harvested the plant a month ago. Even though it’s been less than a year since I bought the seeds, the breeder and seed company have already disappeared!
What’s the Problem with American Seed Sources?
- American Seed Banks Disappear – I order seeds every few months, yet when I’ve ordered from an American seed source, the company is often gone by the time I’m ready to order my next set of seeds. Although cannabis cultivation has been legalized in some states, the federal government (which considers cannabis and seeds a Schedule 1 drug) has jurisdiction over the mail. That means getting caught sending seeds through the mail comes with harsh legal penalties for the sellers. As a result, American seed companies regularly get spooked and shut down or just disappear without a trace or explanation. Enforcement against selling seeds is less strict in certain countries like the Netherlands, the U.K., and Spain. In fact, in some jurisdictions in those countries, the laws are surprisingly tolerant of seed banks. Similar exceptions and special rules have not been carved out in the United States. It’s due to lack of local regulation that many (if not most) of the longest-running seed banks are located in the Netherlands, the U.K., or Spain. Now that Canada has legalized growing for adults, seed banks are starting to get well-established there, too.
- Refuse to Accept Debit or Credit Cards – American seedbanks often only take Bitcoin, certified checks, money orders, Venmo, Cashapp, or cash. Unfortunately, those payment options leave you without recourse if the seeds don’t show up. It’s easy to get scammed when paying in cash. Why won’t American seed banks accept debit, credit, or bank drafts? One reason is cannabis companies lack access to banking in America (again due to the federal legal status). In fact, many cannabis operations and dispensaries are run almost completely in cash. This makes it difficult for them to take non-cash payments. The bigger the company, the harder it gets to fly under the radar. When an American seed bank offers something convenient like Paypal, credit card, or bank drafts, they’re shut down quickly once they get popular. Although European seed banks do occasionally lose payment options, there is usually an option for credit/debit card or bank drafts.
- Strain Quality is More Variable – While European seed companies have been competing for customers since the 1980s (and earlier), most American seed sources were only established in the last few years. As a result of fly-by-night breeders and little competition, many seeds ordered from American sources produce unreliable results. There are trustworthy American breeders, but they’re often listed right next to unknown and questionable breeders that sell crosses that were randomly slapped together. Yields, potency, and growth rates may be poor, even if you do everything right. There’s little curation of breeders and stabilized strains in American Seed Banks like with the established European seed sources. You have to do your own research to avoid bad breeders.
- American Genetics Are Available Overseas – European breeders have been steadily importing and stabilizing popular American strains. Many strains have been developed by trustworthy breeders with 100% American genetics, especially in the last few years. That means you can get American genetics from a more consistent and trustworthy source that takes non-cash payments.
Girl Scout Cookies is a popular American strain
Hand-picked American genetics available as stabilized strains from established seed banks:
- Blue Dream by BlimBurn Seeds
- Blueberry Muffin by Humboldt Seed Company
- Bruce Banner #3 by BlimBurn Seeds
- Cafe Racer by BlimBurn Seeds
- Dos Si Dos 33 by Barney’s Farm Seeds
- Girl Scout Cookies by Lineage Genetics
- Gorilla Glue #4 by BlimBurn Seeds
- Gorilla Zkittlez by Barney’s Farm Seeds
- Lemongrass by Humboldt Seed Company
- Magic Melon by Humboldt Seed Company
- Mandarin Gelato by Ministry of Cannabis
- Mango Sherbert by Humboldt Seed Company
- Mimosa EVO by Barney’s Farm Seeds
- Orange Sherbert by Barney’s Farm Seeds
- Peyote Gorilla by Seedsman
- Peyote Wifi by Seedsman
- Purple Punch by Barney’s Farm Seeds
- Scott’s OG by Rare Dankness (non-feminized)
- Sherbert by Elev8
- Sour Strawberries by DNA Genetics (non-feminized)
- Star Killer by Rare Dankness (non-feminized)
- Sugar Mill by Cali Connection
- Wedding Cake by Lineage Genetics
- Wedding Gelato by Royal Queen Seeds
- XTC OG by Elev8
Breeders based in the United States
- Dark Horse Genetics (California) – Their strains are often sold out but are restocked regularly so keep checking back
- Humboldt Seed Company (California)
- Humboldt Seed Organization (California) – Same thing with this company. Often sold out but worth the wait if you catch them during a drop!
- Norstar Genetics (California)
- Rare Dankness (Colorado)
European Seed Banks
I most often order from European seed banks because…
- Cheaper – American genetics can get REALLY expensive. Strains from American breeders often cost a lot more than European strains of similar quality, even if they’re using the same genetics.
- Less chance of legal issues in the U.S. – When imported seeds are discovered by U.S. Customs, the seeds get thrown away and you get a letter saying the seeds were confiscated. The U.S. government doesn’t go after seed sellers overseas. If cannabis seeds are sent from within the U.S. and get discovered, the federal government may go after the sender. You don’t want to be part of a potential federal investigation and have to answer questions (this factor doesn’t affect you if you live outside the US).
- Established European seed banks rarely disappear – Seed companies are well established in Europe, and are often located in countries that look the other way. That means European seed banks almost never close down, while seed banks in America regularly vanish. You never know if they got in trouble or just stopped selling seeds. If you happened to make an order right before a seed bank closes down, you may never get your seeds even if they were a legitimate company.
- Consistency – European breeders have been around a while and are specialists at consistency. When you buy seeds that claim the plant will stay short, smell a certain way, have a specific potency, etc, you almost always get what the breeder said. Yields and growth rates tend to be better overall. In America, you often order a pack of seeds and every single plant comes out totally different with variable quality.
Tangerine Dream has been described as a “citrus fruit fantasy”
Ok, I got it. But what are the advantages of ordering from an American seed bank?
American Seed Banks Have Advantages for U.S. residents:
- Much faster shipping – One of the main things American seed banks can offer to American growers is seeds show up fast. Since seeds don’t have to get imported or exported, they often appear in just a few days.
- Sparkly, Smelly Genetics – Although European breeders are regularly incorporating popular American genetics in their new strains, the truth is that American breeders tend to select for different things. For example, in general, American breeders seem to focus on sparkle, overall bud appearance, and strong unique smells.
Note: American laws are changing all the time, and it’s possible that banking will be legalized for state-legal cannabis companies, or the feds may reduce their restrictions on sending seeds through the mail. If that happens, we’ll see tons of American seed banks appear overnight.
What’s the Best Cannabis Seed Bank in America? FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, I AM NOT A LAWYER OR LEGAL EXPERT ON MARIJUANA SEED BANKS IN THE USA Sirius and I have been ordering cannabis